Private listening mode on Roku media player enables the user to listen to the favorite dialogue from the movie, music, and speech individually without disturbing any other member of the family at home. You, being the user can watch the movie on full-screen and listen to the dialogues privately. To get this mode, you need to install the app on smartphone. However if you are getting issue with the private listening, then read the suggestions to get back to the private listening experience.
Possible reasons along with the solutions:
Headphone not available: If the headphone icon is not appearing on the app, then update the app to the latest version and plug the headphones to the device again.
The video stopped all of a sudden: While playing the video, if it stops in the middle, then it means you have tried to connect the headphone during the playback. This will also result in audio goes out of sync with video. The best way to solve this problem is to start playing the video again.
Audio issues: Different audio problems along with their solution are discussed below:
No audio: Check volume level if it is below the normal, then increase to a certain level.
Audio not in sync: To get rid of this problem, you can use the software available online for windows. If the problem still not goes, then
- Check the headphone jack if it is connected firmly or not.
- Connect the headphones to any other phone.
- Stop the video for a while and try after some minutes.
- If you are using the app for this purpose, then restart the app by force closing it.
- Restart the Roku by disconnecting the power cord from it and connect after 5 minutes.
- Try new headphones on your smartphone or Roku remote.
For flawless streaming of music on private listening mode, internet connection with proper speed is necessary. If the speed is improper or not in MB’s, you will get the streaming problem. If you have subscribed to the normal plan, then upgrade to premium one. Disconnect all the devices except Roku from the internet.
Now, we will discuss the steps for the ‘Advanced troubleshooting’ of the Roku media player.
- Disconnect the Roku from the main source.
- Wait for few minutes to restart it.
- Reboot all the networking devices like Router, modem, and extender. The pattern for restarting the device must be followed in the same manner.
- Connect the Roku again to the internet.