The Roku device is one of the best streaming players that can play 4K Ultra HD content at an affordable price. You can watch Netflix, YouTube, or other streaming content online by simply plugging this device into your TV. Although using this device is relatively easy to use, sometimes the Roku controller does not work as expected. That’s what we’re going to talk about today.
Repairing a faulty Roku Controller
Replaces the batteries
The Roku controller will only work if its batteries are fully charged. If the battery is no longer powered, you will not be able to use this controller. Try replacing the battery (this could be either AA or AAA), then check if the controller will now work.
Restart the player and remote control
Sometimes, some software problems can freeze the remote control and the player. To check if this is happening, you must open the battery compartment on the back of your Roku remote control in order to remove the batteries. You must also disconnect the power cable from the Roku player followed by waiting for five seconds and then, plugging the device back in.
Re-pair the remote
Sometimes the remote will not work because it has not been paired with the player. If this is the case, you will have to pair it again by following the steps described below.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control
- Unplug the power cable connected to the power port on your Roku, and wait five seconds.
- Reconnect the cable to the device, and then wait for the welcome screen to appear.
- Insert the batteries into the Roku remote.
- Press and hold the pairing button on Roku remote. This button is given in the battery compartment, so press it for three seconds or until you see the pairing indicator on the remote blinking.
- You need to wait for 30 seconds because this much time will be taken by the Roku remote to connect to your Roku player.
- Now, you will see a pairing dialog box appearing on your TV screen.
Try to download the app remotely to your phone
If the controller still does not work, try to get the app from the App Store or the Google Play Store. This will allow you to use your phone as a controller.
Get a new Roku controller
If the application you downloaded to your phone is working, a faulty Roku controller may cause the problem. The best thing to do right now is to get a replacement controller. You can buy one from the company’s website. If you need any assistance, then you can consult Roku experts.
That was all about fixing Roku remote control, and if you are dealing with a faulty Roku remote, then you can perform the same steps that are given above. If the remote still doesn’t function, then you should get in touch with Roku help and support providers.