All the device details and channel-related information is stored in the Roku Com Link Enter Code account. Which device you own and preferences stored for the device will be displayed in the account. You will even find the details related to the credit or debit card you saved in your account. If you have recently done any changes in the channels or in the details of the payment, all will be reflected in the Roku account. So, we can say all the important details are saved in the Roku account and it must be secured and protected in some manner.
We are going to discuss the ways by which you can protect your Roku account.
- Use of email address: To receive an important notification or managing the account, you need a valid email address. If you want to change the email address in your Roku Com Link Activate account, you can do easily with the help of ‘Settings’ from the Roku account menu.
- Set a strong password: The minimum character length for a strong password is 8. If you want to set a secure password, then must add one special character and one number. Try to set some phrase which can’t be easily guessed. With this, no unauthorized person will able to peep into your Roku account. Keep on changing the password after regular interval of time.
- Set a PIN: If you and your family are using the same Roku account for streaming purpose and you want to secure your content from being searched by any other member of the family, then set a four-digit PIN. This PIN will be required every time for accessing the searched or previous contents. No other person can access the Roku store without your knowledge.
- Avoid phishing websites: There is a number of phishing sites available online which looks like a Roku website. Be careful while opening the official page. Opening Spurious websites may result in data loss of your personal computer as well as from your Roku account. This kind of problem mainly occurs when you activate some channel or new device. It is better to take advice from experts while activating the device.
There are on-screen instructions given online for activating the device from Roku account. You can have look at these steps before starting with the activation process.
- Check purchase history on a routine basis: Keep on checking the purchase history on a routine basis. If you notice any channel or subscriptions availed without your knowledge, then you can raise a query for the same. There are chances that your Roku account has been compromised by some unidentified person. Contact Roku experts or send your query email to the team. They will revert with the best possible solution.